The driver’s license popular is, therefore, a big step towards the inclusion and social qualification of thousands of Brazilians.
Characteristics of the Social CNH
Through this action, people with low income, who have changed cities or even states, can significantly improve their chances of finding a job.
After all, the national driver’s license is a basic requirement for occupations that involve the transport of cargo or passengers.
In addition, the social license generates a ripple effect in the social environment, since, by providing more employment opportunities, the economy of several cities is stimulated.
The level of consumption increases and the self-esteem of beneficiaries is improved. By having a national driver’s license and having access to a job.
Citizens are more comfortable investing and generating financial autonomy. CNH Social can really generate a great socioeconomic impact, encouraging the growth of the Brazilian economy.
Who can participate in the benefits of the social driver’s license
To access the benefit of a free CNH the citizen must meet certain qualification requirements.
They are: being Brazilian; be between 18 and 65 years old; have a gross monthly income equivalent to up to three minimum wages; not have proven financial income in their name in 2017.
Not be registered as a professional driver in any application system; and be entitled to the right to drive.
In addition, it is necessary to comply with the requirements imposed by the competent transit authority. If you meet all these conditions, you will obviously be entitled to the benefits of Social Qualification.
Step by step guide to issuing Social CNH
The CNH Social was created for people with disabilities in Brazil. It allows them to drive vehicles safely.
However, it is worth remembering that the CNH Social does not give access to all types and categories of motor vehicles.
Upon obtaining the Social CNH, the person becomes entitled to the following benefits:
1. Registration in skill tests to obtain a license for types or categories of vehicles that are not covered by this type of license.
2. Driving vehicles that allow the driver to use their motor, cognitive and visual skills.
3. Driving on motorways, local traffic routes and motorways, as long as it is below the maximum permitted speed.
4. Parking in reserved spaces.
Now that you know the benefits of the Social CNH, let’s go step by step to request it:
1. The first step is to go to the local DETRAN (State Department of Transit) branch closest to your residence.
2. At the local agency, the person with a disability will need to present the following documents: identity document, proof of residence, birth certificate.
A 3×4 photo, original medical report proving the disability for licensing purposes, pre-registration form and psychotechnical and toxicological tests issued by an official medical board.
3. Once all documents have been submitted and approved, the person must:
- Fill out the form and sign the Disclaimer
- Collect the fee
- And schedule the date for the theoretical exam.
4. After successfully completing the theoretical exam and obtaining satisfactory grades, the qualification for the type or Category of the Social CNH will be published in the Official State Gazette.
And then the Social CNH can be issued.
Important note: there is no longer a need for a person with a disability to present a certificate of release of the medical report.
The release will be the sole responsibility of the DETRAN medical expert.
Final considerations about the social driver’s license
The Social CNH is an important step forward in enabling the mobility of people with disabilities, with financial restrictions.
And for those who need this resource to access professional opportunities, such as work and study.
Legislation brings greater protection to these people, allowing fairer and more equal access, giving us the opportunity to face challenges and achieve our goals.
It is important to remember that in addition to the rights that this legislation guarantees, it also demands responsibility from governments in complying with them.
Recurrent monitoring is necessary to ensure that laws are strictly followed by public agents.
In addition, it is important that society as a whole promotes greater awareness, so that we can create a more inclusive environment.
Where people with disabilities can have every chance to realize their dreams.